The Avid Seamstress - The Day Dress
With a fitted bodice, gathered skirt and inner pockets, The Day Dress will be one of the prettiest dresses in your wardrobe.
With three ways of making the front bodice, your options are endless. All views have an invisible zip at the back. Have fun making this pattern out of a variety of fabrics.
View A has a seam at the centre front.
View B has buttons at the centre front.
View C has no seam at the centre front.
- Pattern printed on high quality white pattern paper
- Beautiful step by step instruction booklet
- Guide on taking your measurements
- Fabric and Sewing basics help card
- Sewing Terms Demystified card
- Checklist card to ensure you have covered everything before starting your project
- Information on The Avid Seamstress
Recommended fabrics: Lightweight to medium weight fabrics are perfect for this pretty dress. Not suitable for stripes, diagonals or plaids. Always allow extra fabric to match one way designs.
Fabric requirements approx: 1.7m @ 150cm. You will also need a 56cm invisible zipper, 1m elastic (6mm wide), 6 x 1.5cm buttons(for view B only). Enlarge thumbnail for fabric requirements and sizing.
This is a multi-size paper pattern in an envelope, including sizes 6 - 22.
Photo credits: The Avid Seamstress