Tilly and the Buttons, Cleo Pinafore and Dungaree Dress
Great for beginners and bang on-trend, Cleo is simple to sew, with no fiddly zips and minimal fitting required – hooray! Make it dungaree-style with buckles, or as a pinafore with button fastenings. Choose from mini length or knee length with optional centre-front split, patch pockets on front or back, and optional contrast topstitching.
This easy-to-use sewing pattern will take you through the steps to making the Cleo dungaree dress, with jargon-busting instructions and photos showing you how to sew each part.
Wear Cleo all year round, layered over a t-shirt, shirt or sweater – the relaxed style makes it oh so comfortable!
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Heavy or medium weight woven fabrics that hold their shape, such as denim, corduroy, cotton drill, gabardine, canvas, wool.
- Fabric – Mini length - 1.2m x 150cm wide OR 1.8m x 115cm wide
Knee length - 1.3m x 150cm wide OR 1.9m x 115cm wide
- Matching thread
- 0.4m iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 2 x 30-35mm (1¼ - 1½in) wide dungaree buckles OR 2 x 15-20mm buttons and buttonhole foot for your sewing machine
- Optional: Contrast colour topstitch thread and topstitch/embroidery needle
- Photo credits: Tilly and the Buttons