Weave Your Own Fabric. 8th February 2020
Weave your own fabric!
This is a wonderful workshop taught by the talented textile designer, Christine Brimer of Niche Textile Studio. You will spend a mesmerizing half day learning how to use a table loom to create you own unique piece of woven fabric. You'll be using local lambswool from Palliser Ridge, Pirinoa; they contract the scouring and spinning to New Zealand businesses and hence can be rightly proud of the provenance of this beautiful yarn, perfect for weaving. You will weave a beautiful textural piece of fabric that you can turn into a statement cushion or a project bag to cherish and use for years to come.
Christine will guide you through the use of pre-warped table looms and share her knowledge on different weaves and the creation of fabrics that you may commonly sew and stitch with.
This workshop is a wonderful opportunity to dip your toe into weaving with a table loom without the need for any equipment of your own. We'll be providing everything you need - you just show up. You will also be provided with your choice of fabric (and zip as required) from the store to complete either a lined, zipped project bag or an envelope back cushion using your hand woven fabric. If you would like assistance making up your cushion or project bag, please come back for our Make It Up class on Sunday for assistance. Please select the option below when you book.
- The class will be held at the beautiful sewing studio incorporated into the Miss Maude store in Greytown. An inspiring and well appointed space to create alongside others
- Saturday 8th February 2020. Choose from either the morning or afternoon half day.
- Three and a half hours of expert tuition
- All yarns, looms and supplies required
- If you are attending the Make It Up workshop you will need:
- Your own sewing machine
- Standard sewing kit - fabric shears, pins.
- These classes will run with a minimum of three participants, maximum of four for the weaving, maximum of eight for the Make It Up workshop. If for some reason we don't reach three participants, the class(es) will be cancelled and you will be fully refunded. We will be in touch as soon as we know one way or the other. But certainly no later than 15th January 2020.
- Please note that if you choose to cancel your booking for this class, the class fee is non-refundable. You are, however, able to transfer your place to someone else. Please notify us at email@example.com if this is the case.