Bra Making Intermediate. 18th + 19th April 2020
Make your own UNDERWIRE bra!!
This is a two day class to progress your bra making skills. Perhaps you've already made a bra before, or have signed up to our Bra Making Basic workshop? This class will extend your skills to include how to make an underwire bra with the application of channeling and underwires, making a three piece cup and working with lace options.
This class is being taught by Helen from Nellie Joans Lingerie Findings. Helen is an expert lingerie maker and will walk you through everything you need to know to create this beautiful structured bra. You will be using the Harriet Bra pattern - a classic style featuring a lovely balconette neckline, supportive scoop-back straps, and a 3-piece cup seam design that lifts and centres. Please note this pattern's size range: Size Group 1: 28-42 A-E. Size Group 2: 28-42 E-H.
If you don't fall within this range, please contact Helen and she will discuss possible alternatives with you.
This workshop focuses on bra making techniques - Helen will help you select your sizing, but this is not a fitting workshop.
- The class will be held at the beautiful sewing studio incorporated into the Miss Maude store. An inspiring and well appointed space to stitch alongside others
- Two days of expert tuition: 9am - 4pm each day.
- Harriet Bra pattern with detailed instructions - to keep and take away.
- Harriet Bra kit - all materials and notions required for one bra. Please select colour choice when you book. NB: if you have already pre-purchased one of these kits to use at the class, please let us know and we will arrange a refund for you.
- Morning and afternoon tea both days
- You need to be a confident beginner sewer +.
- Ideally having completed our Bra Making Basics class, or have tried basic bra making before.
- Please bring your own sewing machine and sewing kit.
- There will be a 30 minute break for lunch each day - please bring your own, or you can select from a range of local Greytown cafes and the supermarket which are within walking distance of the store.
Saturday night dinner:
- We'd love you to join us for dinner at a local Greytown restaurant on the Saturday night. This will be at your own cost, but we can make a group booking for class participants. A lovely option to get to know the other makers in your class a little better, and a nice option if you are travelling solo. Please select this option below when you book the class, and note any dietary requirements.
- This class will run with a minimum of five participants, maximum of eight. If for some reason we don't reach five participants, the class will be cancelled and you will be fully refunded. We will be in touch as soon as we know one way or the other. But certainly no later than 30th February 2020.
- Please note that if you choose to cancel your booking for this class, the class fee is non-refundable. You are, however, able to transfer your place to someone else. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org if this is the case.