Bra Making Basics. 7th + 8th March 2020
Make your own bra!!
This is a two day class to get you started making your own bra. There is nothing quite like being able to make your own underwear - and a fabulous skill set to have so you can use up those beautiful fabric scraps and remnants that are just too small for anything else!
This class is being taught by Helen from Nellie Joans Lingerie Findings. Helen is an expert lingerie maker and will walk you through everything you need to know to create your own beautiful bra, including: pattern cutting, lining and creating enclosed seams, learning about the different elastics and their application, plus more.
You will be using the Watson Bra pattern, which is a very easy to wear style with a plunge neckline. It is designed for stretch fabrics that can be added to with gorgeous lace detailing. There is no underwire in this bra, and you will be able to choose from the long line bra as shown in the photos or a simple shorter band under the bust. This bra is a great choice for first time and novice bra makers. Please note pattern's size range: 30B-30I, 32A-32H, 34AA-34G, 36AA-36F, 38A-38E, 40A-40D
If you don't fall within this range, please contact Helen and she will discuss possible alternatives with you.
This workshop focuses on bra making techniques - Helen will help you select your sizing, but this is not a fitting workshop.
- The class will be held at the beautiful sewing studio incorporated into the Miss Maude store in Greytown. An inspiring and well appointed space to stitch alongside others
- Two days of expert tuition: 9am - 4pm each day.
- Watson Bra PDF pattern - including bonus matching briefs pattern.
- Watson Bra kit - all materials and findings required for one bra. Please select colour choice when you book. NB: if you have already pre-purchased one of these kits to use at the class, please let us know and we will arrange a refund for you.
- Morning and afternoon tea both days
- You need to be a confident beginner sewer +
- Please bring your own sewing machine and sewing kit.
- There will be a 30 minute break for lunch each day - please bring your own, or you can select from a range of local Greytown cafes and the supermarket which are within walking distance of the store.
Saturday night dinner:
- We'd love you to join us for dinner at a local Greytown restaurant on the Saturday night. This will be at your own cost, but we can make a group booking for class participants. A lovely option to get to know the other makers in your class a little better, and a nice option if you are travelling solo. Please select this choice below when you book the class, and please note any dietary requirements.
- This class will run with a minimum of five participants, maximum of eight. If for some reason we don't reach five participants, the class will be cancelled and you will be fully refunded. We will be in touch as soon as we know one way or the other. But certainly no later than 30th January 2020.
- Please note that if you choose to cancel your booking for this class, the class fee is non-refundable. You are, however, able to transfer your place to someone else. Please notify us at email@example.com if this is the case.