Tilly and the Buttons, Ness Skirt
This classic fly front skirt is a perfect all year round - paired with sneakers and a tee for a casual summer look, or layer with tights, boots and merino for winter elegance.
The straight skirt has a shaped waistband and curved back yoke for a flattering fit. Choose from the mini version or below-the-knee hemline with centre front split. Details inspired by denim include a zip fly front, topstitched mock felled seams, belt loops, all-important in-seam pockets, plus optional back pockets for stashing your essentials.
Ness includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
All sizes are included in this pattern.
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium- to heavy-weight woven fabrics such as denim, corduroy, jacquard, gobelin (tapestry), drill or wool, preferably with a little stretch for comfort.
- Fabric - Mini skirt : 1.20m x 150cm OR 1.6m x 115cm
- Knee-length skirt: 1.4m x 150cm OR 1.8m x 115cm
- 0.3m medium-weight cotton fabric for pocket bags
- 0.5m x 90cm wide iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 12.5cm jeans zip
- 15-18mm button with shank
- Optional: Contrast topstitch thread and topstitch/embroidery machine needle
Photo credits: Tilly and the Buttons