Tilly and the Buttons, Nora Top
Nora is a quick and easy top to whip up for your wardrobe. This is a modern style sweater or t-shirt with a boxy, oversized shape, drop shoulders and wide sleeves - making it incredibly versatile for both the hotter and cooler months of the year. You can make Nora in a variety of fabrics – from jersey to sweater knits.
Choose from a slouchy high neck or narrow neckband; short, elbow-length or extra-long sleeves; with longline hem or cropped and stepped deep hem with side splits. Once you make one, you’ll be hooked!
Nora includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
All sizes are included in this pattern.
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Light to medium weight knit fabric with at least 10% crosswise stretch, such as jersey, interlock, ponte, sweater knits or stretch velvet.
- Fabric - Short sleeve round neck: 1.1m x 150cm OR 1.9m x 115cm
- Elbow-length sleeve round neck: 1.3m x 150cm OR 2m x 115cm
- Long sleeve high neck: 1.5m x 150cm OR 2.5m x 115cm
- Optional: 0.3m ribbing for narrow neckband (or use same fabric as above)
- 0.3m of 6-9mm satin ribbon, stay tape, clear elastic or strips of knit interfacing
Photo credits: Tilly and the Buttons