The Avid Seamstress - The Blouse
The Blouse is a versatile top that is stylish and easy to wear - made up in a variety of lightweight fabrics, you'll be wearing this year round! This is a great alternative to the classic button up shirt.
The Blouse features an elegant stand collar and three-quarter length sleeves, it is loosely fitted to provide practical ease and comfort for your day-to-day activities while being chic enough to wear in the evening or at the weekend.
The Blouse is made without darts and includes a button placket, collar and elasticated cuffs making it ideal for confident beginners looking to sew their first blouse.
- Pattern printed on high quality white pattern paper
- Beautiful step by step instruction booklet
- Guide on taking your measurements
- Fabric and Sewing basics help card
- Sewing Terms Demystified card
- Checklist card to ensure you have covered everything before starting your project
- Information on The Avid Seamstress
Recommended fabrics: Perfect in cottons and other lightweight fabrics that are soft. Consider making The Blouse in silk or viscose for added luxury. The sample photographed is made up in gorgeous Moonstone Pink Viscose.
Fabric requirements approx: 2m @ 140cm, plus 8 x 9mm wide buttons, 1 metre elastic (5mm wide), 0.50cm light weight/soft iron on interfacing. Enlarge thumbnail for fabric requirements and sizing.
This is a multi-size paper pattern in an envelope, including sizes 6 - 22.
Photo credits: The Avid Seamstress